This recipe for home-made vegan burger patties (they are also gluten-free!) is perfectly comparable with the traditional burger patties your grand mum would have cooked with mashed potatoes. The patties are made from tofu and beetroot which gives you a good amount of iron (and such a nice colour!). We don’t serve mashed potatoes but some fresh veggies and Hasselback potatoes: We sliced them thinly and backed them with fresh garlic, rosemary and olive oil – just have a look below :)
What you need for the vegan burger patties:
300g of Tofu
1 big Onion
a handful Herbs, I used basil
2 -3 tbsp of soy sauce
as much chilli as you like
2 tbsp of olive-oil
What you need for the Hasselback potatoes:
How to make your vegan burger patties:
1. Cut the tofu, the beetroot and the onion into junks and put them in a food processor. Blend them until they have a smooth texture. Add the herbs and the soy sauce and mix it again. It depends on how spicy you like your food , we like it very spicy ;) so we cut one whole chilli into thin slices and add them to the dough.
2. Heat a pan and put two tablespoons of olive oil in it. To form your patties its good to make your hands wet with water as the dough gets very sticky. Now bake them until they are golden brown.
3. Eat your patties in your favourite burger or enjoy them with Hasselback potatoes as we did. You can find the recipe below. :)
How to make your Hasselback potatoes:
1. Cut into the potatoes finely without slicing them apart.
2. In a small bowl put together the rosemary, olive oil and mashed garlic. Spread the mixture over your potatoes and bake them in the oven until they are golden brown.
3. And now… Enjoy your fully vegan meal!
Idea, Words, Photographs: Julia Drexler