As I’m working from home often (my bed = my office) I need food that can be eaten in “bumpy” areas, too. So I came up with the idea of a vegan Buddha Bowl containing everything I love: Sweet beetroot-bites, fresh greens, crunchy carrots and hearty peanut-chickpeas. It may take some time but it is the perfect eating-in-bed-lunch and just de-li-cious. You have to try it. I mean it.
* 1/2 small beetroot
* 1/2 small pumpkin
* 50 g tofu (optional)
* Fresh greens (I used spinach but take whatever you want)
* 1/2 carrot
* Sprouts (from beans, cress, alfalfa,…)
* Seeds (I used hemp seeds but sesame e.g. is also great)
How to make it:
1. Soak the chickpeas over night and cook them on the next day until they are soft. (You can skip this point if you use a can of chickpeas).
2. Cut the beetroot, tofu and the pumpkin into small bite-sized pieces.
3. Put peanut butter, curry powder, coconut and hot water in a small bowl and stir until combined. Use more water if you need some. Add the chickpeas to half of the mix and stir again until all are covered with the peanut-sauce.
4. Now put beetroot, tofu, pumpkin and chickpeas on a with baking paper covered baking sheet and let it roast at 190°C until chickpeas are golden-brown and crunchy.
5. In the meantime cut the carrot into thin strips and wash your greens.
6. Now take your bowl and put all your delicious ingredients in it. Cover with the rest of your peanut-butter-curry-sauce, decorate with sprouts and seeds and enjoy!