The daily struggle of what to eat in the morning is over if you learn how to use all your fruits and vegetables for a healthy breakfast. Packed with loads of good stuff this green smoothie is the perfect start in the day! It doesn’t only make you full and help you staying hydrated but tastes delicious and looks really pretty. If the liquid texture isn’t fine for you, use less water and top it with seeds, oats, fruits and nuts for a great green smoothie bowl!
Read more about its health benefits below.
Very green Smoothie, serves 2 (or one very big glass)
What you need:
- 1 frozen banana (the riper the better; cut in pieces before freezing)
- 1 small piece of a frozen cucumber (cut in small pieces before freezing)
- 1 small piece of a frozen zucchini (cut in small pieces before freezing)
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 slices of a cantaloupe
- 1/2 tsp matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp spirulina powder
- a few blueberries and almonds for decoration
How to make it:
- Put all your ingredients for the smoothie in a blender and blend until smooth. If the texture is too thick for you, add some more water.
- Decorate with blueberries and almonds and enjoy!
Tips & health information:
This smoothie contains copper, iron and vitamin B2 due to the spirulina powder inside. This so-called “super food” also fights free radicals and may even help to reduce blood pressure and the chance of different diseases. [source]
Matcha powder, on the other hand, boosts your energy, tastes delicious and also its amount of antioxidants is incredible. [source]
Also Avocados are great sources of nutritions: They contain a lot of different vitamins (including a high amount of vitamin C, E and K) as well as potassium and a lot of healthy fats such as omega 9. [source]
Among all these great benefits green smoothies help you getting your daily amount of fruits and vegetables and staying hydrated of course :)
Idea, Words, Photographs: Diana Ranegger