Raw vegan cookies for Christmas? We’ve already tried it with our Raw Vegan Gingerbread Squares and our Gingerbread Energy Balls – and it was a huge success! Both recipes are really yummy and super easy to make! And because two options are not enough we tried a different kind of recipe: Raw Vegan Carrot Cake Energy Balls! They are just like their brothers and sisters: Soft, delicious and guilt-free treats. (And by the way, really pretty as well.) Surprise your beloved-ones or yourself several times as the balls stay fresh for a couple of days or even weeks when refrigerated. Yum!
Carrot Cake Energy Balls | raw vegan, healthy, gluten-free
What you need
10 soft dates
10 soft plumbs
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 handful walnuts
2 tbsp cacao, unsweetened
1/2 tsp gingerbread spice
cacao and coconut flour
How to make it
1. Soak your dates and plumbs in water if they are not soft enough. This will take some time and can be quicker, if you take boiling water (but careful! The energy balls won’t be fully raw anymore).
2. After some time, put dates, plumbs, coconut flour, cacao, spices and walnuts in a blender. Blend for some time until the batter is quite smooth. If it is too dry, add a bit of the water in which you soaked the dates before.
3. Shred the carrot roughly. Add to the rest and blend shortly one more time.
4. Take the mixture and form small balls out of it. To avoid that the balls stick together, roll them in additional cacao or coconut flour.
5. Enjoy as a sweet snack in between or as yummy, healthy Christmas cookies.
Idea, Words, Photography: Diana Ranegger