So this is what heaven looks like: Autumn with a pinch of Christmas in a glass. Packed full with goodness, this pumpkin pie porridge is vegan, optional gluten-free (depending on which oats you’re gonna take) and just perfection – in look and taste.
No matter if you eat it in bed or under the Christmas tree, it will leave you satisfied and with a smile on your face :)
Pumpkin pie porridge | vegan, gluten-free (opt.)
What you need:
For the porridge
5 tbsp oats (opt. gluten-free)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp raisins
Oat milk or water
Optional: Ground apple
Additional for the dark layer
1 tsp genuine, unsweetened cacao powder
(I often add some peanut butter, too. This may take the autumn-taste away but is absolutely delicious!)
For the pumpkin layer
Half of a small pumpkin or squash (e.g. butternut)
1/4 tsp gingerbread spice mix or pumpkin spice
How to make it:
- Put all the ingredients for the porridge in a bowl, stir well and let it rest for a few hours (or over night). If you aren’t sure how much liquid you should take, have a look at it after half an hour. Add more, if desired.
- The next day, peel the pumpkin, cut it in small pieces and together with some water let it simmer in a pot with lid.
- As soon as your pumpkin is soft, add the spices and put everything in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put about 1/3 of the porridge in a separate bowl and add cacao powder (and peanut butter, if desired). Stir well.
- Layer both sorts of porridge in jars, top with pumpkin purée, pomegranate seeds and hemp seeds and enjoy your festive pumpkin pie dessert – maybe at Christmas or Thanksgiving? :)
Idea, Words, Photographs: Diana Ranegger